Make Your Opinion Heard.
The wind industry has public relations specialists, biologists and scientists who they pay handsomely to spread their message.
Persistence in asking questions, writing letters and public opinion pieces absolutely make a difference and show how much we care.
Writing a note only takes a few minutes, but can change a course of events.
Email, write, or talk to your local and state representatives about what you want for the Moosehead Lake Region.
They are elected to work for you.
Write a letter to newspapers editors around the state. They have the power to inform the public.
Even if you are not a Maine resident, we welcome your support and comments. Please feel free to write to our elected officials and newspapers.
Your opinion matters to us!
Some issues you might address in a note or a phone call:
- Adverse effects on tourism and the local economy
- Environmental destruction and loss of habitat
- Needless destruction of Maine’s Quality of Place
- Effects these projects have on Maine’s public reserved lands – lands you OWN as a citizen of the State of Maine
- Huge costs to the taxpayers
- Absurd tax credits to the wind developers
- Lowered property values
- Decreased quality of life for the community
- Loss of higher altitude habitat used by our moose population
- Governor Paul LePage (207) 287-3531 Paul.LePage@maine.gov
- Attorney General Janet Mills (207) 626-8800
Me. Dept. of Environmental Protection
- Director of the Bureau of Land Resources (207) 287-7688 Mark Bergeron Mark.Bergeron@maine.gov
- Senator Paul T. Davis (207) 343-0258 SenDavis@myottmail.com
- Representative Paul A. Stearns (207) 399-4963 Paul.Stearns@legislature.maine.gov
Bangor Daily News
- Opinion/Editorial http://bangordailynews.com/opinion/submit/
- Christopher Cousins email@example.com (207) 623-0024
- Rick Levasseur firstname.lastname@example.org (207) 990-8123
- Darren Fishell email@example.com (207) 370-8834
- John Holyoke firstname.lastname@example.org (207) 990-8214